Thursday, February 17, 2005

Near sock tragedy

So i've had difficulties with the boy's fluted banister socks. i realized that i was going to run out of yarn, and it turns out that the patons kroy i was using is a discontinued color. i googled. i ebayed. more yarn was nowhere to be found. but have no fear, thanks to a trip to Spirit Knitting Work & Designs (my favorite lys). i found another yarn that looked similar but was slightly heavier, so i thought i'd give it a try.

 Posted by Hello
it's really too bad...the ribbed pattern doesn't show up well with this yarn, but i wanted something textured and stretchy, and i think this fits the bill very well. I was able to use the heavier yarn just for the cuff ribbing. i hope it doesn't look too awkward. now i just have to knit another sock and send the pair off to the boy.

i'm also ultra excited b/c i finally got my digital camera. i'm sure i'll have lots more photo phun this weekend. hopefully i will have a FO gallery soon.


  1. I think that's a wonderful solution!

  2. Great idea. I did a similar thing with a shawl. Ran out and had to substitute another yarn entirely. I chose a complimentary color and texture and it worked out just fine!

  3. I think that's a wonderful solution!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...