Just a quick note: there won't be a #stylinghandmade post this week. We had a snowstorm over the weekend and I am unwilling to trudge outside during a blizzard for photos.
My yarn and fiber stash had been in a sad state and I finally sat down to organize it. I ended up with 3 bags of leftover sock yarns, so I decided to start another long-term project.
I'm using the Memory Blanket tutorial and my #3 hiya hiya sharps. I cast-on 52 stitches and each square takes about 6g of yarn. I was against variegated yarns for awhile, so my leftover stash is mostly composed of semi-solids. I plan to mix in my hand-painted and self-striping yarns sparingly because my fear is that too much variety will look like clown vomit. I also am throwing in an occasional square that is oriented the wrong way for visual interest.
I fully anticipate that this project will take years to finish. i'm cool with that.