August was my second month for do. good stitches. I had our members make scrappy string blocks. It took me forever to tear off the paper (Note to self: Have bee members tear off the paper next time). I loved the assortment of colorful blocks I received, but when I put them up on my design wall, the riot of color was pretty overwhelming. I tried several arrangements but it was still too much, so I used black 1 inch essex yarn-dyed linen sashing to calm the blocks down. I really like how the sashing gives a windowpane sort of look and helps to contain all that color. It's a nice lap-sized quilt and I'm excited to get it finished.