It took me a few years to finish these socks but better late than never.
Pattern: Furlough Socks (rav)
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine with a smidge of Wollmeise 100% in Moses
Needles: US 1 circs (probably knitpicks)
Started: November 24, 2011 / Finished: May 25, 2014
Generally speaking, i don't like to repeat myself--not even when i'm knitting my own designs. i knit one of these socks several years ago so that i would have a sample in the large size. i put it aside for a very long time out of boredom and frustration. i think i got a bad skein of ultra alpaca fine, because there were many breaks in the skein and i had a lot of ends to weave in. i'm also think the breaks explain why i ran out of yarn on the second toe. I had to use a little bit of wollmeise 100% to finish it up.
i thought about throwing out the project several times but i had one finished sock staring at me and in the end i just sucked it up and knit the second one. it fit in nicely with my FAL plans, b/c only having to knit one sock to get a finished pair was much faster than having to knit two socks. imagine that. so now Spicy has a nice warm pair of alpaca blend socks, just in time for summer.