This forgotten quilt project turned out better than i'd imagined. I had originally intended to make a herringbone quilt with no sashing but after putting the blocks away for over a year because I wasn't enjoying the process, I finally used 4 of the blocks I had to make a baby quilt top.
The final block was inserted into the backing. I used mostly Denyse Schmidt prints with a beige cotton couture solid on the back. The batting is quilter's dream request and the binding is Art Gallery oval elements. The quilting was done with Aurifil 50-wt thread in a light beige color. I quilted echo shells in the herringbone center and added a simple feather border around the blocks. The sides were filled in with spirals.
The result is a 40x43 sweet baby quilt with cheerful vintage charm. This quilt is in the shop.