For purchases this month, i picked up a couple of sort-of crafty supplies like masking tape for basting and spray bottles for making my own starch. i bought a class on sale at Craftsy but i don't think that new knowledge goes against my pledge. I did get a shipment of catnap and botanics in the mail, but I had preordered it last year so it doesn't count.
As far as temptation goes, i only felt the urge to buy once. WEBS is having an anniversary sale and they have one of their yarns dyed by madelinetosh in limited edition quantities. it's always the limited time only things that suck you in. i didn't buy though the Tart was calling my name. in fact, everybody should rush over there and buy it all so i won't be able to. The only other thing I am sad about is missing out on Hello Petal kitties. They have names! sigh.
I reorganized my fabric stash again. this time i put all of my quilting fabric together in rainbow order. I like having the yardage mixed in with fat quarters. before i was always too lazy to go through both stacks so i would use either one or the other. this way it's all in one group so when i do a fabric pull the colors/prints are my only concern, not the size of the cuts. i tried very hard to fit all of it in one place but i wasn't able to make it a reality. it's given me a new goal. use enough fabric that it will all fit in the allotted space without spilling over. i also need a new system for organizing my scraps but i'm still thinking about that one.
Here's a list of projects I finished in January, with (*) next to items that were on my original Stashdown list:
- embroidery courthouse step pillows
- orchid thief shawl* (rav) i still need to weave in the ends and take pictures. this might never happen.
- cross stitch for friend*
- Seamless Hybrid*
- scrappy trips
- Roebling* (Rav). needs pictures, but i wear it all the time.
Here's my current list of WIPs that I worked on in January, with (*) next to items that were on my original Stashdown list:
- Leaders/enders postage stamp
- 6 inch sampler
- winterwoods cross stitch*
- follow your arrow KAL
- love and liquor socks*
- blue plus quilt
- granny squares quilt
- malabrigo handspun
- January do. good stitches blocks
Also, my UFOs.
- hexagon mini
- xmas quilt
- QAYG sampler
log cabin qaygI caved, realized i'm never going to do anything with this, and threw it away. Progress!
- r/w/b wonky bee
- rainbow wonky bee
- yo yo pillow
- polaroid blocks: i did use some of the fussy cut centers for a pillow, but the other blocks still remain.
- triangles quilt
My remaining Stashdown goals that I haven't gotten to:
- Albion coat for Spicy
- Mail sack bag
- I Heart Cardigans
- spin a sweater quantity of pin-drafted cormo cross
- HST quilt with my chicopee bundle
- Heather Ross economy block baby quilt
- Finish the medallion quilt and publish the pattern
- Finish hand-quilted QAYG sampler
- Finish my Wonky Bee Round 3 solids quilt
- Complete 2 do. good stitches quilts--one twin, one lap
- Try needle-turn applique
- Knit a pair of socks for Spicy every quarter (3 more quarters to go)
I haven't accomplished much, but it's still early.