For various reasons, I'm a bit fatigued with quilting right now and I really just wanted to practice weaving on my new loom. but I also didn't want to wait until the last minute to do my block so i made myself get to work on Saturday.
This block has a lot of HSTs. i'm pretty much never excited to sew HSTs but my rotating mat cuts down on the annoyance of having to trim considerably.
It did take me all of Saturday afternoon to complete the block, but in the end it really wasn't that bad. The only thing I'd do differently next time is I would lay out the entire block on a design board and stitch it together in rows, rather than piecing the star, the partial stars, and the diamonds separately.
I've become quite the convert to pressing to the side. I still like to press my rows open but getting the seams to interlock is nicely convenient. I pulled all fabrics from my scrap drawer. it got quite the workout on this one.
With all of my whining about having to make this block, i absolutely love the results. I think Jenny's quilt is going to look amazing. i would even consider one day making a quilt using this pattern for myself. just not anytime soon.