Monday, July 29, 2013

family portrait

Finally got it finished and hung

i had 3 days off last week so i was able to tick off quite a bit on my to-do list including some long-idle projects like this one. I had the hoop and just needed to purchase some glue to finish it up.

I used this tutorial for wrapping the hoop, except that i used tacky glue rather than hot glue. i cut a 1 inch strip of parisville (i think--it's definitely tula pink at any rate). i wish i had cut the strip on the bias, as there were quite a few hanging threads i had to clip off but otherwise it worked just fine.

For mounting the embroidery, i used this tutorial. I did not glue the aida cloth to the hoop and i used a scrap of batting rather than felt. The whole process was pretty easy and quick and it's kind of sad that it took me so long to get it finished. i should really finish some other embroidery pieces so i can actually enjoy them but it'll probably take me another year to get around to it.

The hoop is hanging in my sewing room above my ironing board. it makes me happy to see it every day.

3 comments :

~Diana said...

Very cute :)

mle said...

Love it!

Jacey said...

Adorable. And so many pets!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips