Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Progress

QAYG sampler

I finished the first 2 blocks of my sampler quilt. I am using #8 perle cotton in 2 colors. i'm finding it a bit tough to quilt close to the seamlines, so i'm trying to come up with a complimentary design for each block that doesn't force me to quilt those bulky center seams on the paper-pieced blocks. i am using spray baste but the second block did get a little bunchy over time. i'm not sure if it's because my basting spray is pretty old. i just bought some big cans of 505. i will try that next and see if i get better results. my batting is Hobbs Premium 80/20 cotton blend. it is nice and thin and easy to quilt. so far the hera marker has been the most reliable marking tool. i used some clover chalk pencils at first but it rubs off too quickly to be useful.

It is slowly sinking in that this is not going to be a fast project since i'm hoping to end up with a queen-sized bed quilt. The hand-quilting is very soothing though.

2 comments :

Jacey said...

Both blocks are beautiful, but I especially love the left one. Great contrast in your Perle choices.

Steve said...

I also like the colors of the block on the left. Well done!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips