I was invited to join a charity flickr group, Bibs for Babies. the group is donating bibs to a charity that hosts baby showers for military families. i found a bib template on the interwebs (i can't remember where--sorry) but put them together in my own way.
i found a few pieced coin scraps from when i first started quilting. it was fun to revisit some fabrics that have been long gone from my stash. i combined them with some newer scraps to make the bib tops. the sashing is kona ash. i quilted the bib tops to some batting scraps. one is quilted with lines 1/4" apart in yellow thread and the other is FMQ in a long stipple with dark gray thread.
i used yellow flannel for the backs. i drew the bib template on the back, stitched around the drawn line then cut around the template 1/4" away from the line. i turned the bibs right side out, topstitched around and used bias binding for the ties.
i'm really happy with how they turned out and they are a fun way to use up small bits of patchwork and experiment with different quilting styles. i was thinking about stitching up a few more to try out some of my new threads.