Monday, April 09, 2012

3

I knew that I wanted to modify the sorbetto blouse to be more like the wiksten tank. my fabric is a semi-sheer cotton from fabric mart and i thought it would be perfect for summer in a loose swingy shape.
Modified Sorbetto
I scooped the neckline slightly (I need to do more next time), inverted the pleat and stitched it down for 3 inches. i cut the size 2 grading to a 4 at the waist and a 12 at the hem. i extended the center of the blouse by 2 inches forming a shirt-tail hem. i used french seams on the shoulders and sides.
Modified Sorbetto
i used kona cotton for the binding. my brain wasn't functioning correctly when i did the binding so it is thicker than it should be. even with that snafu i think the armholes are still a little high, so next time i would lower them slightly.
Modified Sorbetto
i do like my modified top. i would narrow the shoulder straps a little bit next time as well. otherwise i could see myself making a couple more versions if i find the right fabric.

4 comments:

  1. I really like it w/your skirt!  It's  a little too swingy for me on its own--but I'm coming off months of "swingy" maternity-wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super awesome. The dots are so much fun, and the mods you made make me really love the shape. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it.  the fabric is great and it fits so well on you!  good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy!  How nice to have such wearable and fun clothes in your spring wardrobe.  This is really cute and I love the white top and Jalie cords from the previous post.  Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...