my clothing fabric stash is getting out of control. i am officially at that point where i can dig through the stash and find things that i completely forgot about. it's been 80 degrees all week and my thoughts are filled with comfy warm weather clothes. so i made a few plans.
1) Colette Clover-like pants: What I really need for spring is some lightweight capris, but unfortunately i don't have any appropriate fabric. i've decided if i sew 4 items from my plan, i can buy new fabric for pants. i probably won't actually use the clover pattern, but i have a few patterns in the stash that have a similar look.
2) Wiksten Tova in natural linen: i already started this one. originally i thought i had a lot more of this fabric than i actually do, so the sewaholic skirt portion got scrapped. i also found quite a few flaws in the fabric when i started cutting, so there was a lot i couldn't salvage. at least it's out of the stash. there is a tova sewalong right now if you're interested. i'm too impatient for that sort of thing so i'll probably finish mine up tonight. i'd really like to make the dress version eventually but i may wait for that until fall.
3) Modified Colette Sorbetto in cotton fabric mart something-or-other: i can't remember if this is voile or lawn or something else. it's thin and slightly sheer. i'm going to lengthen the top and make a shirt-tail hem. i'm also considering changing the pleat. the likelihood of my actually making this one is pretty strong.
4) Simplicity 2219 in ikat jersey: i've wanted a knit maxi dress going back to last summer. i'm going to make the halter version. this ikat print from fabric mart is not usually my style but i was going for something different. i may or may not end up hating it.
5) Simplicity 2443 in purple cotton/poly interlock (maybe): i really like that this is a racerback dress. i've seen several versions on pattern review that were cute. i'm just not sure if my knit is stable enough. i'll have to carefully read the reviews before making this one.
6) Darling Ranges Dress in hancocks chambray: i just bought the DRD and the Banksia top patterns. i have wanted to make a chambray shirt dress practically forever with this as an inspiration. i got this cotton chambray on vacation last year. unfortunately the color is washed out in the photo--it's a very dark blue.
7) Vogue 8747 in white handkerchief linen and blue/white cotton/poly chambray: i feel like a broken record, but i still need button-down shirts. i want a casual chambray shirt for certain. i'm undecided on the handkerchief linen version--i might save it for the banksia top. i really like the feminine gathers at the bust and the princess seams.
so that's my spring/summer plans. i feel good that i'm already halfway done with at least one thing. sometimes i feel like it turns out to be a pointless exercise because i never finish even half of what i plan, but without dreams, how are we to accomplish anything? ;-)
have a good weekend. i'll be sewing, for sure.