I have a ton of black poly sweater knit in the stash. for some reason i thought it was a good idea to buy 5 yards of it. while in my knits phase i made the billy cardi from no big dill. i stitched the whole thing on my serger and ignored the exposed shoulder seam thing.
i used the set-in sleeve t-shirt pattern from sew u home stretch as a guide. the diagrams on the website are useful but the only tricky part i found was it did not tell you how much to extend the collar up the shoulder. i made mine 4" tall. i also used clear elastic to stabilize the shoulder seams. i left all of the hems raw.
i'm really happy with this sweater. it is very comfy and has already seen a lot of use. i hope to make a more colorful version soon.