i divided the batts into 2 groups and arranged from light to dark. i then spun them in sequence on 2 bobbins and plied them together. any sort of mismatch from one color to the next i just went with to provide a gradual color transition. the leftovers on the last bobbin i andean plied to finish the skein. so i ended up with one skein of the full shebang--no leftovers.
despite the silk content it is not very shiny most likely due to the method of spinning. it's a little fuzzy and very soft. one day this will probably be a cardigan. i doubt i'll have the motivation to wind it into a ball anytime soon.