I did finally get around to making the mail organizer from One Yard Wonders. I used some of my Denyse Schmidt Picnic fabric, castle peeps, and tailor made. i'm out of heavy fusible interfacing, so i used medium weight sew-in interfacing for the pockets and a layer of canvas for the main panel to give it more body.
the book has errata--the main panel has pocket placement lines instead of cutting lines. it's very easy to sew and it only took a couple of hours start to finish. it would have taken me even less time if i'd used just one fabric. one other thing--it says to do a double fold hem on the bottom of the pockets but i think it's better if you just fold up the seam allowance and press.
i love the fabrics together and hopefully this will encourage me to actually sort the mail instead of just throwing it on our dining room/my sewing table.