9" square log cabin solid connecting threads fabric for the back and binding i used the quilt as you go method, except that i spray basted the backing onto the batting and quilted the whole thing all at once. it would have looked better with a busier fabric for the backing, but oh well. i think this one is my favorite. i really enjoyed the QAYG method and i'd like to do it again. I was very productive and sewed 4 tops last week. this is simplicity 2614. i did the size 10 with an A cup. i used a rolled hem on my serger to finish the bottom hem. i also set the sleeves in flat, but i pretty much always do that now. i used my serger whenever possible because the fabric wanted to fray a lot. i don't love the fabric (polyester from fabricmart) but it was only $1-ish a yard so i can't really complain. i wonder if the shirt would've draped better in a less heavy fabric. it looks a bit weird in the back and the shoulders are stiff. i'm calling it my Dynasty shirt--i'm ready for my catfight now. this pic shows the pattern on the fabric better. i really liked the separate cup sizes. the shirt fits pretty well and it was relatively easy to sew. i might make another version with long sleeves but i would splurge for some nicer fabric next time. i would also lengthen the top. it's fine untucked but if i wanted to tuck it in i could use a few more inches. it's odd how so many pattern tops are short. i am not long-waisted by any means.
after wanting one for so long i finally have my tie-neck blouse. and i'm kind of eh about it. i like the style but i'm not sure it's quite me. maybe i'd feel different if i were more dressed up in a pencil skirt and heels. i should make one of those next.