i had so much fun spinning for socks that i decided to do it some more.
this is Sunset Fibers Merino, purchased way back in November 2009 (has it really been a whole year?) my plan was always to do a 3ply fingering weight. because the pindrafted roving is so ready-to-spin, i did not want to split it into thinner portions for spinning.
i'm approximating a fractal spin by dividing the roving into three pieces. the first (on the right) i spun from end to end. the second i divided into distinct colors as best i could and then halved each of those pieces. then i spun the colors in sequence. or at least, i'm guessing that i did since ellie decided to attack the roving when i wasn't looking so a few sections may be out of order.
i still need to spin the third portion. i will divide it by color like i did for the second and then split each color into quarters and spin the quarters in sequence. i was inspired by a few folks on ravelry. i had never thought to try fractal spinning with more than 2 plies before. i can't wait to see how it turns out.