After many months of hiding out in the back of my closet, my first quilt is finally finished.
"Outside the Box" from the Modern Quilt Workshop, wall hanging size, 44" x 45".
i used stash fabrics plus a few that i bought at Sew Mama Sew, warm & natural cotton batting, and the backing is the sunflower fabric. i machine quilted in a diamond grid pattern, very badly. evidently even with tape, i can't sew in a straight line. i used the one step binding method from the MQW book. i will definitely be using it again, as i hate hand sewing. i love the crinkly texture of the quilt post-washing. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it but right now i'm just content that it's done. my quilt may not be technically brilliant or a great work of art, but i'm pretty proud of it.
i've been going to the market a lot lately, and my saturday market bag hasn't been enough to hold all my stuff. so last night i sewed the tote from Last Minute Quilted + Patchwork Gifts. i used stash cottons and used a heavyweight fusible interfacing to give it stability. the lining is the red polka dot that you can see on the handles. i sewed triangles on the bottom corners to give the bag gussets. the only thing i would do differently is to apply interfacing to the handles, as they are a little floppy. this was a quick and easy bag to sew, and i'm sure i'll make more of them eventually.
see all project entries on outside the box